- 04/07 Purple Gums (Bobby Bradford/Francis Wong/Wm. Roper) perform at The World Stage, in Los Angeles.
- 03/05 CuZns (Bobby Bradford/Wm. Roper) will appear as guests of and in collaboration with Garth Powell on March 5, when Open Gate's New Music Sunday returns with a bang. Neighborhood Unitarian Church, 301 N Orange Grove Blvd, Pasadena.
- 01/06 Raku Full Moon Project, led by Artist in Residence Alan Nakagawa, the Raku Full Moon Project (Jose Salcedo) will take place with live traditional Koto Music (Hiroko Masuda and June Chin) and Experimental Soundscapes (Nakagawa with Zoe Kumagai and William Roper) at the Pasadena Buddhist Temple. Pasadena Buddhist Temple 1993 Glen Ave, Pasadena, CA 91103. Register to attend HERE.
- 12/5 CuZns (Bobby Bradford & William Roper) will again share the bill with The Smudges on the Vernacular New Music Series at the Oracle Tavern and Coffee, 1640 N. Spring St., L.A. 90012.
- 12/3 Michiyo Yagi's Talon Hyper - Koto Ensemble Vol. 4 with guest clarinetist Yuko Komori, will premiere my Breeze Through Azabu, for four kotos and clarinet. This piece was commissioned by Michiyo Yagi with support from Arts Council Tokyo. Info at Koen-Dori Classics.
- 11/10 & 12 premiere of Juvenile Terrestrial References - String Quartet #2, by the Koan Quartet at LACSA and YOLA at Torres. These performances are not open to the general public.
- 09/16 w/ Bobby Bradford and Friends @ LACMA
- 07/16 w/Jonathon Mandabach at a secret location
- 06/30 w/ Asian Improv aRts 35th Anniversary Festival
- 06/22 an improvised set with vocalist Dominique Matelson at 3141 Glendale Blvd., in Atwater Village. 7PM. Free, though donations are strongly encouraged.
- 06/19 w/Wild Up, playing Julius Eastman's Buddha. All day long 2220 Arts + Archives, Los Angeles, CA
- 06/11 w/ Pan Afrikan People's Arkestra @ The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA as part of Memory - Material
- 06/04 w/ Pan Afrikan People's Arkestra @ RedCat
- 05/30 w/ Francis Wong's Special Quartet @ Bird and Beckett
- 05/29 w/ Asian Improv National Ensemble @ Thi Ca Su Viet 9
- 04/08 w/ Southland Ensemble @ L.A. Philharmonic's Noon to Midnight
- 04/08 w/ Vijay Anderson Quintet - @ 2220 Arts & Archives
- 04/07 w/ Vijay Anderson Quintet doing a workshop and performance - @ CSUFullerton
- 03/30 w/ Alabaster DePlume - @ the Lodge Room
- 03/22 CuZn's doing workshops and a performance with the jazz band @ New Roads School
- 03/13 w/ the Pan Afrikan People's Arkestra - Lodge Room
- 03/12 CuZn's w/ Smudges + premiere of two of three movements of "Choofa," commissioned by The Smudges @ ArtShareLA
- 02/27 Purple Gums @ Bird & Beckett-S.F. stream
- 02/05 Opening-OCCCA Art Opening (two paintings and an assemblage work) Virtual Tour
- 01/24 Edendale Up Close - streaming stream
- View Chung King Corpse, an event that was part of SASSAS' Mapping Sound, day-long extravaganza in Fall 2009.
The "lite" bio
The other bio
Land Ob Cotton
Read commentary and see photos from many of these events on Roper's blog at Peripatetic Roper.
Watch a video portrait of Roper from Joseph Santarromana's series The Rememberers.
William Roper is a Miraphone artist and plays Warburton mouthpieces.
See the video of Fanfares and Arhoolies on youtube