- Nov. 2, Purple Gums (Bobby Bradford, Francis Wong, William Roper), will make an appearance at the Chicago Asian American Jazz Festival.
- July 17, Purple Gums (Bobby Bradford, Francis Wong, William Roper), will appear on the Just Jazz Concert Series.
- May 23, 24 & 25, appearing in Melody Takata's "Nothingness," at the Southside Theatre, Fort Mason, San Francisco.
- May 10-11, appearing in a duo with percussionist Danny Frankel at the High Desert Soundings festival of new music. Joshua Tree, CA.
- April 21, As part of the Asian Improv Nation Special Edition Ensemble, I will perform at Thi Ca & Su Viet 7 Au Co Production's 7th annual Vietnamese Arts & History show, with this years theme: Vietnamese Women Through Time.
- April 20, I will play in a trio with Wesley Ueunten and Francis Wong as the Department of Asian American Studies will celebrate its 50th anniversary with a Gala Dinner at SF State. The keynote speaker, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Jose Antonio Vargas, graduated with a Black Studies degree from the college.
- April 6, Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra at the World Stage in Leimert Park, Saturday, April 6, celebrating Horace's 85th birthday. 9pm. At 8pm performance by Horace's 16-year-old great granddaughter, pianist Maddy Lyons. 4321 Degnan Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008. Admission: $20/Set | 9pm and 10:30pm Sets | Park and Enter in Rear.
- April 6, A smaller unit, a quartet from the Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra at La Tierra de la Culebra in a line-up of many other groups. We will play around 1:30 PM. 240 S Ave 57, Los Angeles CA 90042.
- April 5, A trio comprised of members from the Silver Screen Sextet plays a couple of sets of free improvisation at The Battery Books and Music. Vijay Anderson - drums, Bobby Bradford - cornet, William Roper - tuba. The Battery Books and Music. 26 S. Los Robles Ave., Pasadena 91101.
- March 8, I will premiere a new work as part of NewTown's "Vladimir's Underpants Unfolded. A sonic and media experience on the go." I will be joined by Charles Sharp, with video by Beth Block. 4-6 PM. The East Staircase at Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. 800 N. Alameda Street, 90012.
- Feb. 22, my "Fishin' Dem Bones," will be performed by the Improvisation Ensemble of the Music Department of CSU Fullerton, as part of the 18th Annual New Music Festival: Ancestral Threads - Music for strings, pianos, voices and rivers. 8pm Meng Concert Hall, 800 N State College Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831 Info
- Feb. 1, John M. Kennedy, premieres my "New-Opened Eyes - 1965," as part of HEAR NOW's "Civil Disobedience," at the Wende Museum of the Cold War. 8 PM, 10808 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90230.
- Jan. 25, Joseph Mitchell's Coming of Age in the 1960s. 8 PM. Marsee Auditorium, El Camino College. 16007 Crenshaw Blvd., Torrance, CA 90506.
- Jan. 6, Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra, Del Monte Speakeasy. 10:00 PM. 52 Windward Ave, Venice, CA 90291.
- View Chung King Corpse, an event that was part of SASSAS' Mapping Sound, day-long extravaganza in Fall 2009.
The "lite" bio
The other bio
Land Ob Cotton
Watch a video portrait of Roper from Joseph Santarromana's series The Rememberers.
William Roper is a Miraphone artist and plays Warburton mouthpieces.
See the video of Fanfares and Arhoolies on youtube